The last year has been another good year for the Lodge of Research No.2429 which meets in Freemasons’ Hall, Leicester. Meetings have been well attended and the papers presented have had an emphasis on the Arts. All of these and other papers have been collated in the 2014-15 transactions which gives a wider exposure to the quality of research that is undertaken within the lodge.
The contents of the transactions are:
- Portrait and Biography of the Master – W.Bro. David J. Hughes, PPGStB (Sussex), PPSGD (Leicestershire and Rutland)
- The 9th Earl Ferrers: a Provincial Grand Master we might have had? – W.Bro. David J. Hughes, PPGStB (Sussex), PPSGD (Leics & Rutland)
- The Holmes Temple Organ: Its Extensive History – Bro. Carl Hislop
- The Leicester Table – Maxine Gilhuys Notarbartolo
- Was Freemasonry influenced by The Great War? – W.Bro. Robert Reeve, PPrGReg (Notts) PPrGSuptWks (Leics & Rutland)
- Pioneers Lodge, No. 420 (I.C.) – An Irish Military Lodge Serving In The 1914-18 War – W.Bro. Daniel O. McKeown, PPJGW
- Recollections of a Young Soldier 1938-1946 – W.Bro. Reg Reader, PAGDC, PPGM (Mark)
- Live Respected and Die Regretted – W.Bro. John W. White, PPrGReg (Derbyshire)
- Thomas Harper, The Forgotten Freemason – W.Bro. Derrick J. Lyons, LGR
- The PZ Jewels of Three Distinguished Loughborough Masons – W.Bro. Kenneth G. Mason, PJGD (Craft), PAGDC (RA)
- Sir John Wentworth, Politician and Freemason – W.Bro. Lorne Urquhart
- Sermon delivered at the Royal Arch Service, 19 October 2014 – V.W.Bro. Canon Michael A. Wilson, G.Chap.
Copies of the papers listed are available from the Editor of Transactions and Correspondence Circle Secretary.