The annual Transactions of the Lodge of Research No.2429 which meets in Leicester have been published.
The Lodge of Research Transactions 2017-18 have the following contents:
- List of Officers 2017 – 18
- Portrait and Biography of the Master, W. Bro. Alfred E. Sharman, P.J.G.D
- Historical Note, Membership and Objectives of the Lodge
- Lodge Meetings
- Freemasonry at Newstead Abbey (including the dramatic events leading to the formation of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Leicestershire) by W. Bro. David A. Herbert, P.P.J.G.W.
- Early Lodges in the Province by W. Bro. Andrew R. Green, P.A.G.St.B.
- The Provincial Grand Masters by W. Bro. David J. Hughes, Prov.G.Orator,
and W. Bro. Aubrey N. Newman, O.S.M., P.J.G.D.
- The Duke of Sussex and his Royal Brothers by W. Bro. A. David Herbert, P.P.J.G.W.
- Behind the scenes – Provincial Hall Committee meetings by W. Bro. Donald A. Peacock, P.A.G.D.C.
- Address by R. W. Bro. David V. Hagger, P.G.M.
- What Is Freemasonry? by W. Bro. Frederick G. Fleeman, P.Prov.G.J.W.
- The 8th Duke of Rutland: another Provincial Grand Master we might have had, or perhaps a lucky escape? by W. Bro. David J. Hughes, Prov.G.Orator
- The First Jewish Freemason in Leicester by W. Bro. Aubrey Newman, O.S.M., P.J.G.D.
- Extract from The History of St. John’s Lodge, No. 80, Sunderland (1965) by W. Bro. William Waples, P.P.G. Reg. (Durham)
- The Fowke Mark Lodge, No. 19, Sesqui-centenary meeting, 3rd May, 2018 by W. Bro. Aubrey N. Newman, O.S.M.,P.G.J.D. (Craft), P.A.G.D.C (Mark)
- Joey Dunlop, King of the Mountain, Mark Mason, (commain) and Human Benefactor by W. Bro. Michael A. Robinson, P.P.S.G.W. (Craft), P.G.J.O. (Mark)
- Sermon delivered at Leicester Cathedral, UGLE 300th Anniversary, Trinity XX, 29th October 2017, 1 Kings 8:22-30/St. Matthew 5:1-16 by V. W. Bro. Canon Michael Wilson, G.Ch.
- Members of the Lodge
- Register of the Lodge
The full Index of Transactions from 1892 to 2018 has also been updated.
Copies of the papers listed in the Index of Transactions are available from the Editor of Transactions and Correspondence Circle Secretary.